Hydrogen Energy Research (Prof. Oh) [HERO Lab]
수소 에너지 연구실관련기사 바로가기
Prof. Oh Lab at UNIST researches molecular physisorption in nanoporous materials in cryogenic conditions. We exploit such phenomena to solve industrial challenges, such as efficient energy carrier (e.g., hydrogen, methane, etc.) storage and greenhouse gas (e.g., CO2) capture, cost-effective light gas isotope (e.g., H2/D2/T2, 16O/18O, 3He/4He, etc.) separation by quantum sieving, novel H2 boil-off mitigation technology for liquid hydrogen storage and transportation. In particular, efficient hydrogen storage technology will become crucial for the hydrogen economy to achieve carbon neutrality in the future. However, there are still many technical difficulties to be solved, and the main research direction of our team is to solve them. In addition, isotope separation technology using nanoporous materials is spotlighted as a new technology that may replace the expensive cryogenic distillation method. And we are the leading group in these related fields. Moreover, the industrial demand (e.g., semiconductor and display fields) for deuterium is rapidly increasing. Tritium separation and removal technology are also heavily required in nuclear fission and fusion reactors. Therefore, these isotopes separation technology will receive a lot of attention in the near future.
Hydrogen production, storage & transportation, Light gas isotope separation, CO2 Capture, Characterization
Heat pump, Magneto caloric effect, Advanced Characterization for nanoporous materials.
Research Keywords and Topics
1) 동위원소 분리를 위한 결정성 나노 다공성 소재
2) 액화수소 자연기화 저감기술
3) 물리적 흡착 기반 수소 및 메탄 저장 기술
4) 바이오 폐기물 기반 다공성 소재 생산 및 이를 활용한 이산화탄소 포집연구
5) 액화수소 생산을 위한 MOF의 자기열량효과 연구
1) Journal of the American Chemical Society, Exploiting the Specific Isotope-Selective Adsorption of MOF for Hydrogen Isotope Separation, Raeesh Muhammad‡, Seohyeon Jee‡, Minji Jung, Jaewoo Park, SungGu Kang*, Kyungmin Choi*, Hyunchul Oh*, (2021) 143, 8232.
2) Advanced Materials, Elucidation of diffusivity of hydrogen isotope in flexible MOFs by Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering, Minji Jung, Jaewoo Park, Raeesh Muhammad, Grzimek Veronika, Jin Yeong Kim, Margarita Russina, Hoi Ri Moon, and Jitae T. Park*, Hyunchul Oh*, (2021) 33, 2007412.
3) Journal of the American Chemical Society, Specific Isotope-Responsive Breathing Transition in Flexible Metal-Organic Frameworks, Jin Yeong Kim‡, Jaewoo Park‡, Junsu Ha, Minji Jung, Dirk Wallacher, Alexandra Franz, Rafael Balderas-Xicohténcatl, Michael Hirscher, Sung Gu Kang, Jitae Park, In Hwan Oh*, Hoi Ri Moon*, and Hyunchul Oh*, (2020) 142, 13278.
1) MOFs for isotope separation, isotope separation system, isotope separation method and manufacturing method, 1020952740000, J. Kim, H. Oh, H. Moon, 2020
2) Isotope Separation method through flexible MOFs, 1020535180000, J. Kim, H. Moon, H. Oh, 2019
- EC. 화공
- EC01. 화학공정
- EC0102. 분리/정제기술
- 환경/에너지 프론티어 진흥
- 031100. 수소에너지기술
- 242. 고효율 수소저장기술
- NT 분야
- 030211. 나노소재기술 (나노분말소재, 광학용 나노소재, 고기능 시너지 소재, 촉매/환경/기능소재에 중점)