Cells, statistical physics, and light
세포와 빛과 통계물리관련기사 바로가기
Our laboratory investigates fundamental problems at the cross-roads of optics, soft-matter physics and cell biology, through experiments and theory. We use a range of tools from molecular genetics, statistical physics, imaging, optics or epistemology. In cell biology, we study how the geometry and mechanics of cell-cell interactions determine cellular structures and their dynamics, and we wish to resolve intrinsic vs. emergent properties of cells. Our fascination for light per se and its multiple interactions with living and non-living objects drives our research on imaging and applied optics, luminescence, light scattering and statistical optics. Our recent discovery of random-light interferometry opens a new field of theoretical and experimental research in optics, with applications to biology, soft-matter, and optical sensor technologies.
cell biology and sociology, soft-matter, biological physics, statistical optics, interferometry
1. Nature communications 2019/ Super-resolution provided by the arbitrarily strong superlinearity of the blackbody radiation.
Graciani G & F Amblard. 10:5761.
2. PNAS 2018/ How to better focus waves by considering symmetry and information loss.
Lou K, Granick S & F Amblard. 115:6554-6559.
3. PlosOne 2015/ Mechanosensitive Adaptation of E-Cadherin Turnover across adherens Junctions.
deBeco S, Perney J-B, Coscoy S & F Amblard. 10:e0128281.
4. Nature cell biology 2014/ Interplay of RhoA and mechanical forces in collective cell migration driven by leader cells. Nat Cell Biol.
Reffay M, Parrini MC, Cochet-Escartin O, Ladoux B, et al. 16:217-23.
5. Phys Rev Lett 2013/ Ordered stacking of F-actin layers and mixed lipid bilayers: a columnar liquid crystal.
Caille A, Artzner F & F Amblard. 110:048102.
1. "Multiphoton imaging installation." US Patent # 6879394 (2000).
2. "Method and apparatus for measuring optical power of a light beam produced in a microscope."
Europe Patent. PCT/EP2007/009612 (2007).
3. "Methods and devices for detecting macroions in a liquid medium". Europe Patent. 201214-PCT (2012).