Solar cells Trailblazer for Advanced Research Laboratory (STAR Lab)lSTAR lab
차세대 태양전지 연구실관련기사 바로가기
The STAR Lab (Solar cell Trailblazer for Advanced Research Laboratory) is a laboratory that researches next-generation solar cells. One of the most popular renewable energy sources is solar cells. Solar cells can be divided into first-generation, second-generation, and third-generation solar cells. The first generation is silicon-based solar cell, and the second generation is a thin film solar cell. Third-generation solar cells include organic photovoltaic, dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSC), quantum dot solar cells (QDs), and perovskite solar cells (PSCs). Among them, PSCs have the shortest research history, but the world's highest efficiency is exceeding 25.7%, which is comparable to that of silicon solar cells. In order to realize the high efficiency of the next-generation solar cell, it is necessary to select an optimized photo absorption layer, to manufacture a thin film that can efficiently move the electrons and holes formed by light, and to study to manufacture whole process. Our laboratory is to realize the world's best efficiency by utilizing various photo absorption materials and characteristics of next-generation solar cells. In addition, research that can manufacture small-area source technology in a large area is also researched. It is an important research goal not only to manufacture next-generation solar cells, but also to improve the efficiency of next-generation solar cells through analysis of characteristics and analysis related to solar cells.
Major research field
High efficiency of next-generation solar cell devices with small area, High efficiency of next-generation solar cells by applying new materials, High-
Desired field of research
Application technology with solar cells, hydrogen production technology with solar cells, energy storage technology with solar cells
Research Keywords and Topics
Next generation solar cells, high efficiency, large area module, commercialization
1. Conformal quantum-dot electron-SnO2 transporters for efficient perovskite solar cells, Dong Suk Kim*, Science 2022, 375, 302.
2. Pseudo-halide anion engineering for α-FAPbI3 perovskite solar cells, Dong Suk Kim*, Michael Grätzel*, Jin Young Kim*, Nature 2021, 592, 381.
3. Stable perovskite solar cells with efficiency exceeding 24.8% and 0.3-V voltage loss, Sang Kyu Kwak*, Dong Suk Kim*, Changduk Yang*, Science 2020, 369 (6511), 1615.
1. 10-2018-0128719, Highly stable organic-inorganic hybrid photovoltaic solar cell and method for manufacturing the same
2. 10-2018-0113101, Method of manufacturing uniform perovskite layer and solar cell with the perovskite layer and the same using
3. 10-2016-0150515, Fabrication method of perovskite solar cell
- EF. 에너지/자원
- EF06. 신재생에너지
- EF0601. 태양광
- 환경/에너지 프론티어 진흥
- 031800. 태양에너지기술
- 214. 비실리콘계 태양전지 기타 기술
- ET 분야
- 050211. 에너지소재기술